Friday, October 15, 2010

Hold My Hand, Daddy

Daddy,
I am scared. I have to go far away from home; away from all the people I know and love. Away from those whom have shown themselves to be great friends... I'm leaving everything I've built and maintained for the chance to get an education. I'm scared of losing my friends, of those I care most about, of losing what I'd fight to death for... I'm scared of never getting out from under the debt I'll be accruing over four years of school. I'm scared of not being able to find a home and not seeing the dreams You have given me come true.

I know You said to trust in You, to delight in You, that You have plans to prosper me... Yet I'm just afraid, Daddy. I need You now. I need You to hold this crying child of Yours, a son who is overwhelmed by the ever-developing changes in his life. I have had so many set-backs, so many things happen that have threatened to break me, but You have kept me steadfast with grace and serenity. Why should this time be any different? For some reason, I cannot help feeling scared of the uncertain future that lies ahead of me.

Hold my hand, Daddy, hold my hand. I need You to hold me tight as I cross the street leaving behind everything to accomplish what You have set before me. Hold my hand because I have no one else to hold it. You are the only one who can chase away my fears, and quiet this anxious mind.

I love You, Daddy.


Semper te laudabo,
De Facto

1 comment:

  1. He will never leave you or forsake you. Cast your cares upon Him for he cares for you. Peace He gives us, not as the world gives, He has overcome the world, do not let your heart be troubled.

    ReplyDelete